TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #4097
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
The match was lost for Germany the moment Löw decided on his starting lineup. Taking out the players who were brilliant against Greece (Reus, Schürle) and replacing them with struggling players like Kroos & Podolski killed the match before it even started.

It was obvious that Reus was the best of the German side the moment he came on in the second half. As long as Bayern players get special treatment, this team will not win any titles. All of Bayern's supposedly top players sucked today, Gomez had exactly 0 chances, Schweinsteiger was too bad to even put it into words.

The match could have easily ended 5-0, 2-1 is a flattering result.
Schweinie has been troubled with injury and I think it showed tonight. He was out of the game. Gomez was really poor, but all German players performed below par. The lax defending at the first Italian goal just summed it up.

That said, I'll still bet the farm Germany will make at least the SF in Brazil.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!