TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #2808
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
A lot of us were in GM arguments when Caroline was #1, so I'm not surprised the arguments shifted to here as Caro's ranking fell.

It comes to expectations. If you're satisfied with staying in the top 20 and no titles. Then Caro is having a good year.

If you thought she was on her way to a Hall of Fame career and wanted her to build on where she was 18 months ago, instead of tearing it down & trying to rebuild, then this is a frustrating situation.

Its very hard to be #1, to win majors. What Caro did was very difficult, and she cant do it now, maybe not anymore.

Thats life. Now we'll see what happens after this spring and early summer
I am not too happy about this year's neither but I was not expecting too much from this year. To have a season like 2010 and 2011 is extraordinary and it must be extremely demanding to handle.
Haters may say what they want but Caroline did dominate on the tour for a long time and was a great representative of tennis. But she is not a machine and, to be honest, I always had a feeling that there will come time of a burnout. I think that Caroline is enjoying flying under the radar now although I doubt that she plans to spend the rest of her career with only memories on titles she once won and stuck in top 20 till her career is over.
And, that is not certainly what I'd enjoy seeing neither.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!