TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Goddess in training: Despina Papamichail

View Single Post

Old Jun 27th, 2012, 03:06 AM   #651
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Goddess in training: Despina Papamichail

25K Casablanca:
QR1: (5) Papamichail GRE d. Schaul LUX 6-2 6-2
FQR: (14) Kimmelmann GER d. (5) Papamichail GRE 6-2 6-4
*Lost doubles QF with Gamiz

She then made a great decision by taking 5 weeks off. I thought it would help her greatly. However...
25K Rome:
QR1: (5) Papamichail GRE d. Cruciani ITA 6-3 6-3
QR2: (5) Papamichail GRE d. (10) Sabino SUI 6-4 6-0
R1: (WC) Moratelli ITA d. (Q) Papamichail GRE 3-6 7-6(8) 7-6(3)
Really?
I'm speechless honestly. I wonder how many MPs she wasted in the second and third sets . She needs to go back and play some 10Ks, which she keeps refusing to do and as a result her ranking has slipped down to #444 .

Despina's next tournaments:
-15K Rovereto, Italy MD
-25K Zwevegem, Belgium Q or 10K Torino, Italy MD
She better chose Torino or else . Even 15K may be too much for her now, but at least she is entering smaller events, even though its something she should've done a long time ago . I think from now until the rest of the year, she needs to play just 10Ks or weak 25Ks. She keeps playing medium or strong 25Ks in Europe which is no good since she keeps losing. If she plays a smarter schedule, MAYBE she can end the year in the top 300, even though most of us expected to see her end the year in the top 200 but thats too unrealistic now . And she has 38 points to defend over the next few weeks

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote