TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria's best match on grass

View Single Post

Old Jun 25th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #8
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: Maria's best match on grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
nice points...so what do you think about her overall level of play in the final last year?

i was rewatching her final against kvitova two days ago...she didn't play as bad as people made it out to be, bar the serving and ugly double faults, of course...kvitova was in the zone that day and her classic lefty serve out wide and the inside out forehands saved her ass...i was just thinking she could have even won the 2nd set if not for some of the bold winners from kvitova at bps and gps (you know those winners that touched the line and could have easily gone out if kvitova wasn't at the absolute peak like she is now)

anyway, all of these things in retrospect is raising my expectations for her this year too i never learn
I've watched it again rather recently too! Her serving was horrible! She was having one of those days where she has serious issues in finding the court with her serve. That's why she decided to kick her first serve in so much. As a result, Kvitova most of the time was smacking ROS winners! Her ground game wasn't exceptional, but not bad. If she could serve, the match would've been a lot tougher. It has to be said though that Kvitova's serve was monstrous! Maria was having a hard time returning her slice, which stayed extremely low and opened the court for Petra so well.

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote