TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria's best match on grass

View Single Post

Old Jun 25th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #7
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria's best match on grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I actually think her best match in terms of her play off the ground at last year's tournament was the semifinal against Lisicki - her diabolical serving in that match overshadowed everything else, but she was returning, striking the ball and moving in rallies about as well as at any time last year - I remember she barely made any groundstroke errors in that match after the first few games, she was getting some of Lisicki's biggest rocket-serves back into play, she hit atleast 3 GOATly forehands on the run. In fact, it's a testament to how well she did most things in that match that she managed to win so comfortably in spite of giving away an average of 2 free points every service game.
nice points...so what do you think about her overall level of play in the final last year?

i was rewatching her final against kvitova two days ago...she didn't play as bad as people made it out to be, bar the serving and ugly double faults, of course...kvitova was in the zone that day and her classic lefty serve out wide and the inside out forehands saved her ass...i was just thinking she could have even won the 2nd set if not for some of the bold winners from kvitova at bps and gps (you know those winners that touched the line and could have easily gone out if kvitova wasn't at the absolute peak like she is now)

anyway, all of these things in retrospect is raising my expectations from her this year too i never learn

Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote