TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria's best match on grass

View Single Post

Old Jun 25th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #6
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: Maria's best match on grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I actually think her best match in terms of her play off the ground at last year's tournament was the semifinal against Lisicki - her diabolical serving in that match overshadowed everything else, but she was returning, striking the ball and moving in rallies about as well as at any time last year - I remember she barely made any groundstroke errors in that match after the first few games, she was getting some of Lisicki's biggest rocket-serves back into play, she hit atleast 3 GOATly forehands on the run. In fact, it's a testament to how well she did most things in that match that she managed to win so comfortably in spite of giving away an average of 2 free points every service game.
I totally erased that match from my memory because of her awful serving performance! I think that she displayed solid tennis in her match against Cibulkova too, but the match with Peng was probably her best!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote