TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria's best match on grass

View Single Post

Old Jun 25th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #5
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria's best match on grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
1. SF against Davenport and F against Serena in 2004 obviously
2. QF against Petrova in 05
3. 4R against Serena in 10 (although she lost it, best she served since the comeback)
4. 4R against Pennetta in 06 (despite her lengthy height and developed limbs, she played solid in that match and flavia ain't no slouch back then)
But yeah, since then, there aren't many great quality tennis she produced on grass lately
Still I'd say
5. 4R against Peng 2011
I actually think her best match in terms of her play off the ground at last year's tournament was the semifinal against Lisicki - her diabolical serving in that match overshadowed everything else, but she was returning, striking the ball and moving in rallies about as well as at any time last year - I remember she barely made any groundstroke errors in that match after the first few games, she was getting some of Lisicki's biggest rocket-serves back into play, she hit atleast 3 GOATly forehands on the run. In fact, it's a testament to how well she did most things in that match that she managed to win so comfortably in spite of giving away an average of 2 free points every service game.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote