TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maja Matevzic Thread!!!

View Single Post

Old Jul 18th, 2003, 07:46 AM   #37
country flag maya

maya is a splendid one to behold maya is a splendid one to behold maya is a splendid one to behold maya is a splendid one to behold maya is a splendid one to behold maya is a splendid one to behold maya is a splendid one to behold maya is a splendid one to behold maya is a splendid one to behold maya is a splendid one to behold maya is a splendid one to behold
Pre- fed cup Maja Matevžič article (my "translation"):

Temperature rising in Portorož
You go on a court to win
18.7.2003, Ekipa, Jurij Završnik

Maja Matevžič, a tennis player from Ljubljana came from the background. As a junior she was in the shadow of Katarina and Tina, but then she decided to seriousla dedicate herself to tennis and started working with a coach, psichologyst and trainer. She planns her matches carefuly and preferes to play on grass, especially at Wimbledon. This year she again reached third round and was wihh that our best player at the Sacred tennis event. But this time she will have to play on clay.

»I didn't have problems with adjusting to clay. After a week of practice at tis surface I feel good on it. We are professionals and have to be able to play on all surfaces

Wheater she will play or not is still not known; for the second place on the team she is competing with Tina, who has also hed a great season this year.

»I don't know if I will play. We will know on Friday

So does Maja expect to play and win?
»If I play I expect to win

Is it unimportant who stands at the other side of the net?
»Yes. You go to the court to win, so who's your opponent doesn't matter

The opponents are all familiar names and none is ranked lower then 20 in the world. Who would Maja like to play?
»Zvonareva looks like a best Russian on clay, but her game suits me. Last time we played I lost against her 5:7, 5:7, so I know what to expect and will be ready this time. I have already beaten Bovina and have never played Dementieva; I have lost to Myskina

With the events like fed cup lot of the things depend on home court, public, psichologycal factors. How is Maja mentaly prepared?
»Fine, ha, ha!«

Would Maja like to Play Dementieva, who's game has been more up and down?
»Yes, maybe. Dementieva is at the moment not in the best form, so that maybe she won't even play, eventhough she's the second Russian player. How will the Russian capitain select the players remains a question. A lot depends on that..«

So are you in front of another big success and Slovenia in semifinal?
»Semifinal is … reachable, ha, ha,« laughs Maja: »The roads from Portorož lead to semi finals

Oprimistycal, fiery, with heart and a lot of self esteem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg majam.JPG (17.6 KB, 31 views)
maya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote