TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Jun 21st, 2012, 04:12 PM   #1155
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Old news (the secret advice part). And yes, Petra did mention what the advice was, if not all of it previously. I don't remember at the moment.

But I guess we'll hear a lot of these before/during the tournament.

Yeah, Petra talked about this/that last year. The problem is, despite Martina's encouragement since and up until the present, Petra won't talk to Martina (probably until the next time she sees her again at Wimby).

Petra hasn't figured out yet, that she can actually talk to Martina about life, tennis, her mental aspect/approach, and general advice during the tennis season. It doesn't have to be outright training, game preparation, like she's Kvitty's coach (though I'm sure, Martina could even be an official member of Team Petra in some capacity, but Petra's probably to polite, uninterested at the moment, and structured to even hint to such a possibility).

The irony of the article of course is, if the advice helped so much then, why wouldn't you call Martina more often now, and during and in preparation for majors (which would seem like an appropriate time for Petra to call, text or e-mail her)? Navratilova says Petra hasn't, despite her inducements.

Martina wants to be like Petra's big sister/mentor (which I am ALL FOR myself). And she's basically been soliciting Petra the past year (with class of course) to help life coach her, give advice/tips, insight, anything it seems.

Despite Petra's reluctance to respond so far, I hope Martina doesn't give up asking or throwing out feelers to Petra, and keeps reaching out to her.

When is Kvitty going to realize, that she's a top player/a somebody to, and stop acting like some dumb hick, thats just happy to be there. Contact the women sometimes Petra!!!
Me too! Petra is so dumb, she should invite Martina to join the team!
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote