Originally Posted by lefty24
I dont mean mixed doubles, just regular doubles. At small tournaments to start. I think it's too late this year but maybe next year.
Please understand: one of the reasons for the success of Maria is the fact she does not play doubles.
See how many matches she already played this year:
Maria in 2012 already played:
- 1 match more than in entire 2009 season;
- 5 matches more than in entire 2008 season;
- only 3 matches less than in entire 2010 season;
- only 10 matches less than in entire 2007 season;
- only 16 matches less than in entire 2011 season;
Most matches Maria played in 2004 - 70 matches.
In 2005 65, in 2006 68.
In any other season not more than 57 matches.
And now, in 2012, before even the half of the season is completed, she already has 41 matches!
Winning titles automatically means obligation to play more matches.
Do you think the doubles are necessary for the success?
I do not think so.
Maria's physical resources are not limitless.