TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Roland Garros 2012: Victorious Moo

View Single Post

Old Jun 19th, 2012, 04:01 AM   #4052
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2012: Victorious Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
This year is brutal for the top players, especially Pova. Pova played an amazing Clay Season and is in the hunt for W. Usually after W she can take a break but this year she has to stay on the high point for the Olympics. Then without a break, she right into the USO run!

That's a lot of tennis for Pova! Her durability has been fantastic so far this year but there are limits, aren't there? My thoughts:

Pova goes all out for W and Gold, then, if she goes deep at those events, plays USO without a warmup tournament, regardless of a third zero against her ranking points and probable loss of #1 as a result. But she needs a rest period somewhere or gc-spurs prediction for a short run at USO takes on a life of its own.
I think she'll play Cinci. Not playing anything would mean four zero pointers, being Doha/Dubia (whatever it was this year), Charleston and Toronto. At least I think it would. She could only afford to do that if she won Wimbledon really.