TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Jun 18th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #4390
country flag Valkyre

Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
over-reactive any? First, it's a fact - Sharapova is American-based. She's lived here since she was 7 yo. Second, it points out to the casual reader that she's not American. Third, all her fans can be thankful that her father didn't think of American-based as an outrageous insult.
Maria went to the states because she had no other option in order to have a future in tennis. Maybe I over reacted I admit, but it is because i did not expect to read something like that on an official website, not when a few days back Maria announced she is going to carry the Russian flag.

Maria lives in America but still stays true to her heritage and she has proven that many times in the past. My comments was not towards US, not in any way at all (referring to your last sentence which makes it sound as if my comment was racist which was not).

I would have said the same thing if a US athlete lived in China and the article wrote "the China based XXX athlete". I hope I make that clear now. In any case, I apologize if it sounded a bit too much. Carry on!
Valkyre is offline View My Blog!