TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Roland Garros 2012: Victorious Moo

View Single Post

Old Jun 16th, 2012, 01:51 AM   #3965
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2012: Victorious Moo

I really was convinced she was winning this ever since Stuttgart. I just couldn't picture anyone else holding up the trophy. I just knew that Stuttgart match against Azarenka would've finally given her the belief that her game was good enough to win Grand Slams on merit, rather than relying on her mental strength like she had at the Slams in the 12 months before. Even when the draw came out, I felt like people were MASSIVELY overrating Serena (and as much as I dislike her, I'm generally a realist when it comes to her - Serena was my pick at the last USO and AO), I wasn't sure she'd even make it through to the QFs and thought Maria would beat her there even if she did. It was the first time since the surgery that Maria had been my actual pick for a Slam (rather than a hope) since the surgery, I think (actually I think I might've orginally gone with her at the US Open 2010, but switched after her horrible first match against Gajdosova there).

Last edited by dsanders06 : Jun 16th, 2012 at 01:57 AM.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote