TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Roland Garros 2012: Victorious Moo

View Single Post

Old Jun 15th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #3958
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold
Re: Roland Garros 2012: Victorious Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyre View Post
Maria vs Serena is nothing more than insecurity and nerves, for both Maria and her fans. Understandably so. Serena has a gameplan against Masha. Maria doesnt. And if she does, she completely forgets it along the way.

It is -in my opinion- not a matter of skill but more so a mental thing. Maria has all the weapons she needs to defeat Serena. She has the skill, what she lacks is belief against that particular opponent.

Does anyone here, even question that the way Maria performed in RG (except Zakapalova match) she could not beat Serena?

I personnaly dont think so. Maria can beat her. As long as she stays calm and doesnt get nervous. I am not worried by any of this. The more times she plays against Serena the better. Even if she loses. The more times she plays, the less time it will take her to finally relax, stop caring about the damn head to head and play her best tennis against her. So no, I am not scared if Serena is on Maria's draw. In fact I hope she is. Maria and we as her fans should stop wishing for such things, and we should stop being intimidated by match ups.

Maria has what it takes. She just needs to relax and believe in herself. Lots of great players have particular issues with match ups (Federer anyone?)

Davai Masha!!
She needs to serve well,that's the key really against Serena because she's so hard to break herself.
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote