TennisForum.com - View Single Post - French Open Ratings

View Single Post

Old Jun 14th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #163
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: French Open Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
You cannot compare Sharapova and Hingis, so much Sharapova is ahead.
I was and still am fan of Hingis, but do not compare her with Sharapova in this field. Compare her in other areas where Martina clearly has an advantage. It is clear to me that you and some other members of this forum are not aware of the popularity of Sharapova in this world. It is unprecedented in the history of any female sport.

It is clear that you have not understood or accepted all the logic, information, history and facts that have been presented to you.

You are in complete denial, and once again confusing Sharapova's ability as an endorser and money earner, to her fame and legacy in and out the sport.

Once again, the two are not the same. Hingis certainly was a phenomenon (SwissMiss), and took the tennis world by storm at the time. I agree wholeheartedly.

Ultimately, your tennis is what makes you famous. And neither Sharapova's legacy/championship pedigree-compared to others, her tennis playing style, and grunting/noise, were anything to be greatly admired, like Hingis, Serena & Venus (minus the grunting), Steffi Graf, Martina Navratilova, or Chris Evert for that matter.

Being a model/endorser, is something totally different and on the periphery. You're most famous, exalted and admired, for what you do on the court.

Hopefully, for Maria and others, she can improve her championship bonafides (as she's done recently) and interest in her as the years progress.
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote