TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Roland Garros 2012: Victorious Moo

View Single Post

Old Jun 14th, 2012, 05:49 AM   #3955
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2012: Victorious Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegall View Post
I'm new here and was wondering what people here felt her chances were at the French Open beforehand?Like what the reaction at TF after the AO was..
A lot of people thought that she could do well here even after the AO. I think there was a thread created shortly after it actually. Considering her success last year we were very optimistic for the clay, we were only worried whether she would actually manage to win a final or not. But after Stuttgart most people on here felt she had a great chance. After Rome she was the favourite, and while Serena had to be the favourite on paper anyone who knew her history with RG knew she simply wasn't going to win, once she went out the only person really left in Maria's way was Li, once she was out really only Petra could have been able to stop her - and that was a long shot given form/surface. So no, it wasn't really that big of a shock.

EDIT: Although of course we as fans fretted the whole tournament.