TennisForum.com - View Single Post - French Open Ratings

View Single Post

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #68
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova is just really nice NadalSharapova is just really nice NadalSharapova is just really nice NadalSharapova is just really nice NadalSharapova is just really nice NadalSharapova is just really nice NadalSharapova is just really nice NadalSharapova is just really nice NadalSharapova is just really nice NadalSharapova is just really nice NadalSharapova is just really nice
Re: French Open Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post

Sharapova is the biggest women's tennis icon ever, and is well-known and loved across every country on the planet by people who are not tennis fans. My initial post on this thread was referencing those assertions, and arguing that if Sharapova is more beloved in the U.S. than any other tennis player ever,

I do agree with you that she is well-known among tennis fans all over the world. In fact I would be surprised if there is any casual fan who does not know who she is. But again, tennis fans are not whom I'm talking about.
She is the biggest female sporting icon in the world overall, no doubt about it. I'm not saying every single country but OVERALL.

Its like saying Manchester United are the most well known sporting team in the world, which is true however in america the new york yankees are more well known. However overall worldwide its united.
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote