TennisForum.com - View Single Post - French Open Ratings

View Single Post

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #64
country flag Towanda

Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future
Re: French Open Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalSharapova View Post
Problem is your statistics mean nothing for worldwide iconic status
I never said she's not extremely popular across most of the planet. Have you forgotten the multiple threads on which you and others have been proclaiming her the biggest tennis icon ever, well-known and loved in EVERY COUNTRY on earth? I don't give a flying fuck if she is well known in most countries. That doesn't make her the biggest tennis icon ever in every country on the planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post

Big fucking deal, web searches spiked when she made the SF and the F. What a shock! Every other month she is no more popular than Nadal or Djokovich. Spikes on a graph do not in any way indicate a global icon status. Someone who is truly popular would have a high number of searches on a constant basis, not just a couple of spikes when their name is in the news because they just won something. If you go look at the last couple of years, searches for Wozniacki were as high as they were for Maria. Does that mean that Wozniacki is worshipped and beloved across the U.S.?
Towanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote