TennisForum.com - View Single Post - French Open Ratings

View Single Post

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #59
country flag Towanda

Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future
Re: French Open Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
More a question than a remark: Are those ratings for tennis matches not influenced more by whatever else is going on at other channels than by whoever is playing? It's like, I'm sure that in Europe a respectable number of people were watching the Nadal/Djokovic match, but I bet that as soon as the European football cup started half (or more) of them switched channels and left the tennis for what it was.
They probably are influenced by whatever else is on, but, U.S. time, the finals started saturday morning for the womens and sunday morning for the mens, and if I recall correctly, the FO finals are generally played the same times/days every year. On weekends in the U.S., the morning shows pretty much include only political debate shows and cartoons, so I'm not sure how much that would affect viewership.
Towanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote