TennisForum.com - View Single Post - French Open Ratings

View Single Post

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #47
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: French Open Ratings

Well I'm not American, but I doubt Maria is a nobody, that said a lot of people do overstate her fame. But she has had a few stints on Letterman, Ellen and I'm sure she got a lot of coverage for Wimbledon and I'm not sure what her coverage for the career slam was like, but it was big over here. Ironically the Canon commercials were the only real U.S. thing she did, a lot of her endorsements were Asian based surprisingly. A lot of my friend who I wouldn't really talk to about tennis know her because she's 'fit' apparently, while just have many has said "that one who screams all the time" or "that one who one Wimbledon". It applies to everyone though, to my astonishment I've yet to meet someone who outright knows Henin, and even with the WS I get responses of "them black girls" or even if they know them they have to ask who's the 'big' and who's the 'skinny' one. It's hard for us as tennis fans to really grasp the players fame outside the sport, as we don't know everyone. But all fanbases like to overstate their fave's fame.