TennisForum.com - View Single Post - French Open Ratings

View Single Post

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 04:57 AM   #40
country flag Towanda

Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future
Re: French Open Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
You are totally wrong, if we talk about worldwide popularity.
USA is not anymore an indicator of tennis popularity like it was in the past.
I can't speak for the rest of the world, but tennis has never been very popular in the U.S., and you're right, it has fallen quite a bit in recent years. I can't imagine how much more unpopular it would be if not for Serena and Venus. I think the only current player that people here really know much about other than those two is Clijsters, and that's only because such a huge deal was made about her coming back after having a baby, and she is in commercials for Citizen watches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
The U.S. ratings show only how popular NBC is.
I really am not getting that comment. NBC is not a pay channel. You don't even have to subscribe to cable or satellite to have it. Everyone with a tv in the U.S. can pick up NBC. If someone was really a big Sharapova fan, they could have watched the FO final.
Towanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote