TennisForum.com - View Single Post - French Open Ratings

View Single Post

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 03:54 AM   #32
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: French Open Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkten View Post
As I said earlier, people are getting lost in the Williams/Sharapova fans pissing match but the real story isn't that Serena or Venus get better ratings than Sharapova in the U.S (that's to be expected). The frightening story for women's tennis in the U.S. is that Justine/Kim, two basically unknown players at the time in the U.S., got better ratings than the men's final that year and much better ratings than this year's final. This year, the men got significantly better ratings than the women.

The decline in the popularity of women's tennis in the U.S. (and I think probably around the world) is a serious problem that needs to be addressed and I'm not really sure what can be done.
Yeah I really have no idea what can be done. I personally find men's tennis so boring but I guess the world doesn't agree with me.