TennisForum.com - View Single Post - French Open Ratings

View Single Post

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 04:29 AM   #31
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold
Re: French Open Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
So much for all of the recent posts proclaiming Sharapova to be greatest women's tennis icon ever, worshipped and beloved across the entire globe.

There were a few of us on the plethora of Sharapova-is-the-greatest-ever worship threads saying that she is not that well known in the U.S. and is therefore not a global icon, but we were repeatedly told that we were wrong.

I can't wait for the excuses. Did millions of televisions go out just before the match started? Or maybe it's just some big conspiracy that the television ratings firms are a part of just so that it doesn't appear that anyone is more popular in the U.S. than Serena and Venus? No, I think the excuse will be that people didn't watch it because they knew that Sharapova would dominate. Sorry, but I'm not buying that one. Anyone who is truly a big fan will watch the match no matter who the opponent is.

To be fair, I know that the vast majority of Maria's fans are not delusional, but the insane minority have sure been going over board with their posts and their claims lately.
Those figures are US figures,the 2 finalists in 2002 were American. Are you thick or something?
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote