TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Jun 11th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #4295
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gociku View Post
Russia's President Putin congratulates Masha:

Dear Maria Yurievna!
Congratulations on your brilliant triumph at the French Open.
You have conquered the crown that only few players managed to achieve, only the strongest, the most legendary ones on the planet: winning all the Grand Slam tournaments. This is the deserved award for your talent, your excellent skill and your terrific capability.
Wish you new success, good luck and all the best.
Well done! Keep it up!
That's nice to hear, but I still don't like him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
You mean Yelena Isinbayeva. Yes, she should do it. Afterall she has broken the world record so many times, she deserves it. Not to mention the "but she lives in USA" factor in Maria's case.
Anyway, about president Putin's congratulation message, it is great, and all presidents congratulate to their athletes (and to all of them who achieve good results/win medals) - it is no different in Serbia or Slovenia etc.
haha yes her, sorry! If Maria careers the flag my whole family would go crazy, especially my dad. He was so pissed that she was crying during the national anthem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Yelena will hardly be a flag bearer, it is considered to be a jinx in our Olympic team. Rumor has that flag bearers are not winning Gold. And in sport . in which there are only three attempts everyone is much superstitious
Interesting, I never knew about that! Thanks for sharing.