TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Everything happens for a reason

View Single Post

Old Jun 11th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #3
Adal

Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everything happens for a reason

Remembering those times in 2008, the injury didn't really seem like a very big deal. She's never spoken about how dangerous it really was and that it would might end her career for good until few years later.

When she came back in 2009 and went on to reach the QF of RG, everyone thought she is back for good and is going find her to the top very soon. But another big disappointment after that. I think she hasn't reached even a QF in GS till RG last year since then? I think that was the closest I've been to giving up on her. 2010 was just horrible start to finish. She kind of bounced back in 2011, but it was still a big struggle and she was still mostly unable to compete with top players.

So pumped to finally see her playing well. I don't know what happened between Miami and Stuttgart, but it was really two different players I've seen. She's definitely more aware of what is going on now, her game is more planned out, yet she still has that intensity and fearlessness that got her to the top back in 2004.

That said, of course there are going to be many more disappointments and struggles in the future, she is not going to win every tournament she plays (even though right now it feels like she will ), but yes soon we are going to be back to reality, but now is our moment to enjoy.