TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jun 10th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #4027
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I think it's even more a career defining match for Djokovic. Nadal can always try to win his seventh FO next year or the year after that if he loses now, but for Djokovic it's (barring miracles) the only chance he'll ever have of winning all four slams in a row.
I'm not convinced that Nadal can keep going at this level for much longer. When you consider how physical his style of play is and combine that with the fact that he regularly makes finals (which, of course, means that he plays more often than most players) he could have a significantly shorter career than his peers. True, Federer isn't winning slams anymore but at his age he is still one of the top players, I don't believe that Nadal will be anywhere near that good when he hits thirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
This is Nadal's best surface though and to lose from 2 sets to love would be a big blow to his confidence I think.

Djokovic's dominance isn't over til someone actually has the guts/belief to actually beat him. Fed failed from up 2 sets to love and 2 match points at the US Open, Nadal blew a 4-2 5th set 30-15 lead at the Australian Open, Seppi failed from 2 sets to love up at the French Open, and Tsonga squandered 4 match points at the French Open.

Unless someone shows that they can actually finish Djokovic off at a slam I'm more or less assuming he's gonna keep on winning them.
Well, maybe your theory is true if you just consider the slams but when I say "dominance" I am referring to the way that Djokovic won virtually everything last year from January-July. He is still winning slams but at the Masters 1000 events he has fallen off considerably. Last year at this time he had won Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid and Rome, this year the only one of those four that he has defended was Miami.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote