TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jun 5th, 2012, 05:11 AM   #3970
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
I can't say I have heard the song outside of J&W, but I can't discount the posibility it exists either. I would assume it's a sartirical reference to both English peotry and a popular patriotic football chant.
Thanks for the input---Two things compelled me more than others.(1)The impassioned rendition of the elderly Mr.Simpson character;and (2)The dorky way the country's name is entoned three consecutive times.It almost inspires one to think up equivalents: 'GREENLAND!GREENLAND!GREENLAND!...Come and visit us--PLEASE!!We're DESPERATELY LONELY up here!'

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote