TennisForum.com - View Single Post - New Game - Who will last longer?

View Single Post

Old May 28th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #1
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future
New Game - Who will last longer?

Seeing as lately, almost every week there are at least a couple of Israeli players participating in tournaments, I thought I could start up a game to guess which player lasts longer that particular week.
Doesn't matter if it's doubles or singles, what level of tournament it is or what stage in the draw it is - the guess should be about who will leave the tournament last.

It's just experimental and I don't know if anyone will be interested...
But if you think it's not too terrible an idea, please give it a try

Also feel free to suggest rules for the game if you think they are necessary.

Added rules:

2012-05-28: Grand slam participant is considered as the winner of her tournament if she reaches the second week. The next week she will be counted from scratch as if participating in a brand new tournament
2012-06-27: Guessing should be made before any of the players main draw matches results are known.
2012-10-22: In case of a tie, the round reached will be used as a tie breaker (Final over SF for example).
In case there is still a tie, singles result is preferred over doubles result.
2012-10-25: ranking of players has changed from simple sort by "%right","number of correct guesses", to a point system that gives a slight push to a player who participated in more games. The equation for ranking points is:
"%right"+"number of total guesses"*2
the new sort is by "rank points","%right","number of correct guesses"

Options for this week:
Ofri Lankri (10k Uzbekistan, singles and doubles)
Keren Shlomo (10k Uzbekistan, singles)
Shahar Peer (Roland Garros Week I, singles and doubles)

Last edited by shirgan : Oct 25th, 2012 at 02:01 AM.
shirgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote