TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:56 PM   #4172
country flag LoveMasha2008

LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Sharapova Final Press Conference

Rome, Italy

Sunday, 20 May, 2012

An interview with: Maria Sharapova

Q: What sensations after a night like that – a very special win
Sharapova : A really difficult match and so may swings and having to wait an hour or two hours and then a tie breaker in the final and interesting and almost feeling difficult to have a loser and a winner and it all comes down to a game in 7 but I am happy.

Q: You played so many finals – where does this one rate --- with all that was going on..
Sharapova : I've been in a couple with rain delays but never this situation and playing a tie breaker and we were all thinking to come back tomorrow and so the warm up was longer that the match and so with so many swings. I though I was not in the match at 40 and …..and she was moving well and then down match point – when I got off the court I thought about not to think of all these swings and conserve energy.

Q: It seems that in Rome the rain is your lucky friend. Normally what is you relationship with the rain.
Sharapova: I love rain., I loved it since I was young because I didn't have to practice. Especially when I was in California –in Florida there is no chance of indoors. I like rain. I don’t mind it. I like sun too. When I won Wimbledon when I was down against Davenport and I was booking my ticket back home and then we went out and I said I am going to turn this around and so this is my most memorable tennis rain.

Q: Did you every think you would dominate the tour on clay
Sharapova : Well dominate is a strong word and that means winning every single match and I have improved and most of is comes down to the physical aspect and patience and the … not changing my game but relying in the things I have improved like sliding and playing and definitely on the serve and this is helping.

Q: If you beat the holder of the French Open title in these conditions then you are good.

Sharapova : It's great to beat someone with the level she played last year and how she can play on clay and how she defends and get herself back in position and its nice to have a week off an playing so many tournaments and so I am looking forward to getting a few days off.

Q: When you were 66 and the rain was torrential .. did it get to a point where it was ridiculous.
Sharapova : It was tough and slippery - not only the lines but the whole court and the umpires said that it was our decision and so we said lets keep playing…

Q: I think you played this tournament (inaudible)…. how long did you think..
Sharapova : A little less practice time but other than that it was great and it’s a win win with the fans and I think that there is no huge difference perhaps
not having so many courts but its good.

Q: You have more many tournaments and play many. If you have to say something about Rome in a few years apart form winning 2 times in a Rome.
Sharapova : I like Italy in general and not only Rome and I like the energy of the people and they are outgoing and you work with the people – they are not tough to work with and I love the culture and I cannot see why someone cannot like it here and its nice to come to a tournament that you have won.

http://www.internazionalibnlditalia....ova-Final.aspx