TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Roland Garros 2012: Victorious Moo

View Single Post

Old May 21st, 2012, 07:52 PM   #71
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paris 2012: Moo fighting for glory on the red dirt !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vozas View Post
Tough year wasn't it? Those chokes against Henin, Serena and Clijsters It all culminated in that loss against Greta Arn in Auckland. I was never as close as giving up on Maria as during that Australian swing. I remember I was on vacation in New York and was getting drunk with some friends at a bar and they were airing the Maria-Goerges match and I decided I'd give her another chance (thank god I was flying while she was getting thumped by Petkovic two days later )

That match against Vorackova or whatever in Auckland has to be the most dreadful thing I've ever witnessed in tennis.
Comparing Maria's seasons in 2009 and 2010 really does illustrate just how important the mind is in this sport. The tennis she produced between May and August in 2010 was farandaway better than anything she produced at any point in 2009, yet despite that she somehow managed to finish 2010 ranked 4 places lower than a year where she missed the first third of the season primarily because 2010 was the most headcasey period her career, whereas in 2009 she could always be relied onto fight like a trojan even when she was playing abysmally (most of the time at that point).
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote