TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Romania Choker/Fighter Thread, updated for 2013

View Single Post

Old May 21st, 2012, 05:54 PM   #13
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Romania Choker/Fighter Thread

Alexandra.

The week before RG used to be HER week and now she is out of Top 100, but she has birthday soon.

Yeah, Alexandra barely choked, only from the beginning of this year when she was simply injured and her serve got even shakier because of that, actually she always fought back from being down.
Warsaw 2009 with more than 6 hours already on court during qualifying, always coming back from behind. Then, in 2010 the title defense with all the pressure, her strong fight backs against Errani and Dementieva that clay season, and later in Budapest where she escaped against Chakvetadze and Sevastova, not to mention her clutch performance against Coin in Den Bosch to seal her 1st grass semifinal. She has won so many tough 3 setters.

Even last year those epic matches against Sharapova, Pivovarova and AMG back to back and later against Rus in Seoul saving MPs again and this year in Cali. Oh dear...

I nearly followed all her matches. I hope she'll come back again.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote