TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ...

View Single Post

Old May 20th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #616
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vozas View Post
I really love this tournament. My faves always perform(ed) great there (Empress )

But I have to say, this title is something I demanded/expected of Maria. It's great that she did it but she had to.

Stuttgart was sweeter to be honest. Much better tennis and much better scalps. Not to mention match of the year against Stosur.
Agree with all this. For some reason I felt all year Maria was going to defend this title, and I would've been disappointed if she hadn't done it. She just seems to love it there for whatever reason (even before last year, it was always the claycourt tournament she performed best at - semifinals in 2005 and 2008 were very good results considering her general level on clay at that point).

And I agree that, despite Rome being the bigger tournament, winning Stuttgart felt sweeter to me. Because of how well she played and because she beat Azarenka, mainly.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote