Tennis Forum banner

Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ...

37K views 675 replies 84 participants last post by  heelsrule1988 
#1 ·
Adiós, Madrid. Ciao, Roma!

Tournament History:

* she gave a Walkover to Jankovic in 2008

See less See more
#504 ·
Do we think it's safe to assume the Finals mental block is no more after Stuttgart? :unsure: Or will this be different because it's a bigger tournament?

I don't think it necessarily matters that she hasn't played amazingly this week... she already has confidence in her actual game from Stuttgart, so I think this week is just about building mental confidence by winning matches and keeping "match-fit". Then after this she has a full week to practice at RG in which time she can hopefully get her movement up to Stuttgart standards, and then we'll be set :drool:

#509 ·
Do we think it's safe to assume the Finals mental block is no more after Stuttgart? :unsure: Or will this be different because it's a bigger tournament?
Considering her final drought ended against Azarenka (of all people) really says a lot. She's EXTREMELY motivated. And she got better with every match this tournament (watch McHale having been the biggest test of all with her losing 10 games :oh:).

Would love her to defend this, without even dropping a set.

I thought she was magnificent today, especially in the 2nd set (despite the 2 drive volley fails, which always hurt so much inside :sobbing:). Serve was massive.

Maria had a glint in her eye. Even if her game is off she's gonna fight like hell, something Li Na will not be able to keep up with. I expect Maria to win in 2. 64 64

I do have to say, I have jitters thinking about Roland Garros already.

#505 ·
Sending this from my phone. Congratulations to Maria. I am proud of her! And I wish her luck against Li Na. Whatever happens, happens. Li seems finally freed herself from the pressure of her sponsors and money and is playing very solid.

#508 ·
Like what I've seen from Masha, she's improved every match IMO. Also like how even though she's still missing too many returns, they're aggressive and just out. Not like the fails we've seen too much off too many times this year. IW/Miami Final. :facepalm:
Na is playing very well, so I think it will be competetitive, but I think Masha win regardless 'cus Na has been choking badly all week and she even admitted it.
PS. Internet was down so had like 4 days of zero TF :sobbing: Just seen the GM threads :hysteric:

#515 ·
It's always tough to predict how Maria's going to show up, especially in a final, but if at least her serve is clicking she should be able to win this in either two or three.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.