TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old May 14th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #784
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Depends to where she gets the wildcards.. As discussed earlier Bastad could be an option. But nobody probably knows at the moment.

Actually I think 7 tournaments is not that bad, considering in May and June she'll most likely play only juniors, then USO and a possible warmup Canadian Open covers at least another 3 weeks if you count travelling and acclimatization etc. She mentioned playing juniors in December, so it's probably Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl again. I guess she tries to be in top 10 again by the end of the year which would give some more JEs.

So what have we left - July (almost full), half August, half September, October and November, that's almost 2 Pro tournaments per month, which is totally ok I think.
You're probably right. I think that she should not play US Open. I think she should have won all the G1 and G2s that Belinda did, which would have almost guarenteed her top 10 if she does decently well at wimbly, RG, TB and roehampton.

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : May 15th, 2012 at 08:15 AM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote