TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mutua Madrid Open 2012-Blue clay what?Serena who? Bring on the real clay!

View Single Post

Old May 14th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #833
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future
Re: Mutua Madrid Open 2012-Blue clay what?Serena who? Bring on the real clay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
Lots of chest thumping about Vika's massacre today. At 268 posts and increasing, I didn't find one sensible thing said! What really makes me sad is that I no longer have confidence that Pova fans would act any better. Some would, many even. But there are a whole hell of a lot of them who would post inappropriately.

There is simply no doubt that Serenka is the most gifted athlete and ball striker ever to play women's tennis. Simply no doubt. But the way she has conducted herself on court and off over the years has been appalling. In spite of her considerable ball striking skills and all the titles she has won, I don't consider her a Champion. She has none of the special qualities associated in my mind with the word "Champion". She is an egomaniacal, nasty, mean-hearted, selfish narcissist lacking integrity and honesty. But she can certainly hit a tennis ball! That she does very well.
GM is not GM without all those nasty petty name-calling posts. I mean it's all well if it's light-hearted fun but some fans just take it to a ridiculous level.

Perseus, that's a little harsh on Serena? I'm quite sure she's a sweet and good-hearted lady off court, but she has her moments where she acted inappropriately too. I enjoy her sometimes but do think she goes a little too far occasionally. Maria however, is almost always perfect on court and off.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote