TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old May 12th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #2125
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I do see your point but assuming that the draw is fairly weak I don't think it means much for a top ten player to win by facing no other player inside the top thirty. I don't just feel that way about Caroline either, I would say the same thing about any top ten player in an international level event. I just find it a little odd that she has decided to play that particular event. One possible motivation is desperation to win a title in 2012 as the field there will certainly be weaker than at any other event she has left this year.
I can't understand your negative way of looking at it. Caro does NOT play tournaments like Copenhagen out of desperation to win something. Jeez if she wins - ffs look on the bright side and don't not constantly bemoan Oh it was a noddy tournament oh it was a poor player. Of course we would like her to win the bigger tournaments. But don't despise everything else. And if she just wins small tournaments (not that she has anyway this season) - she's not going to improve leaps and bounds in her ranking and to climb the rankings she needs to do well at big tournaments. But don't depise anything she achieves if she does it or call her desperate please.

I'm curious. Is there anything you are pretty good at? If so - what are you like when you win something but it isn't the biggest. I mean I'm elated if I win something. Do you go - I did this out of desperation to win something?

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : May 12th, 2012 at 09:52 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!