Tennis Forum banner

Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ...

37K views 675 replies 84 participants last post by  heelsrule1988 
#1 ·
Adiós, Madrid. Ciao, Roma!

Tournament History:

* she gave a Walkover to Jankovic in 2008

See less See more
#5 ·
I am kinda scared for this tournament and for everything that comes from now on. :scared: :help: Not sure I can deal with the stress :lol: since I have a lot of other stress right now. :hysteric:
Will Sasha be in Rome? :oh:

#12 ·
The thing is - I don't think a victory over Serena is going to happen anytime soon - This loss was not because Masha was outta form or had a bad day - it was because she feared Serena - She'd lost the match as soon she entered the court - It's all in her head - and as much she wanted to - she just couldn't do what she had planned to do - Ever seen a cobra hypnotize a prey - that's the effect Serena has on poor Masha

#14 ·
Serena hasn't played great in the past years at RG...so maybe this time she'll be beaten by someone. I mean everybody expected her to win US Open, but she didn't win.
Anyway Rome is first..I hope she'll defend her title. she beat Na, Vika, Petra...so I think she won't have much problems with them now. It was more mental.

#17 ·
and she is excited to be back :kiss:

Matt Cronin ‏ @TennisReporters

Sharapova: 'Excited to go back & try & defend title in Rome, was great week [last year]. Back to the RED clay, so happy about that
'

yeah I know that It was tough lost loday, I believed in her until the End but also was ready for anything
It is how It is, tomorrow it will be just a bad memory.... we shouil move on , keep believing and wish luck in Rome for Masha :wavey:

#23 ·
The bright side from the loss is that Maria is still the highest paid female athlete of ALL time.

Vika, Petra, Aga, Sam, Carol, and all the other lessors can win all the slams they want, trash Maria all they want but THEY WILL never have a $70 million dollar endorsement deal.

Let alone she's a successful entrepreneur, and she earns $25 million per year. She also has almost $20 million worth of earning and she's only beginning. Without further ado, their fave can remain poor with their slams (and they better start saving up because they can't win forever) while Maria is loosing all the way to the bank while driving in her $1 million dollar car.

And as for Serena trashing Sharpie. We all have predicted she was going to loose anyway, so what is the big deal?

Vika fans are acting as if Vika can put Serena out of her misery. I just love her helpless stumbles as Serena's winners fly past right her. I like Serena shutting that annoying siren up. As LONG as Serena is in the game, Vika will remain a 1 slam wonder.

For Sam making those dumb comments during the match, she is already 28 and only has won 1 slam in her entire career. She thinks she's God, because her win over Serena is a fluke as evident with her annihilation in the last couple of games.

So they can stay pressed because their fave is not as successful as Queen Sharapova.

I'm done. I've had a bad day, so I'm done ranting out. Good night.

#25 ·
Exactly! and i can't believe he posted that same shit under a result thread on GM :facepalm:

all these make me wonder since when he becomes a fan of maria or if he has ever followed a full maria match

#26 ·
Don't you :facepalm: me. Why would I got that far defending Maria if I'm not a fan of hers in the first place? OF COURSE I'm a big fan of Maria since 2004. I even stayed up late at night watching the USO 2006 Final and I watched every single moment of it. But then of course I got pretty busy in life and in school so I follow most of her matches through high lights. If I'm on a break or I'm not busy and she happens to play, of course I will watch the match in full. So don't come talking things about me when you barely know anything about me in the first place.

I've had a bad day. Good night.

This post has been deleted
#32 ·
Geez, stop jumping on every Masha fan throat like that.:help:

Anyway I really think that she'll play better in Rome the surface really suits her I wish she hadn't played Madrid though, that crappy surface probably break her rhythm and certainly shattered her confidence after this loss against Rena. But we need to see how she will cope with that in Rome.

#27 ·
Quit bickering! This isn't a Republican caucus, there aren't a set of requirements that prove someone is a Pova fan.

One thing will help with turning SS back towards just supporting our Girl: SugarPova! I understand it hits the market before the USO. Everyone should have a supply at hand so that when "feeling bitchy" you can pop a few SugarPovas and start "feeling groovy". Even Chelsea wasn't bitchy after downing about 3 pounds of SugarPovas!

Looking forward to a kinder, more gentle, more tolerant and supportive SS with a little help from SugarPovas...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.