TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old May 11th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #2073
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I don't know about that specific article but it has been mentioned in here before that Caro is playing Eastbourne.

I'd kind of prefer for her not to play that week rather rest and practice at Wimbledon itself.

As it stands now, Caro is probably scheduled for 21 tournaments this season. I'm not counting the YEC or Sofia and assuming she doesn't skip a premier 5 and she plays just Tokyo and Beijing in the fall (she could add an international tournament after Wimbledon or Moscow). I was kind of hoping for a bit lighter schedule this year.

Yeah I know Piotr mentioned it, but just thought I'd post confirmation of it by the tournament directors after she was added to the official entry list.

I think last year she *was* overplaying and she peaked the start of the season, only to fall flat as the year went on. If you look at her 2008, 2009 and 2010 she had distinctly better 2nd halves of the year than first halves so I'm really hoping that will happen this year too So on that basis and her early losses I don't think a couple extra tournaments would do her any harm.

I'm personally happy to see her playing Eastbourne as it'll provide her with some grass practice and some extra and much needed possible points