TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Your tennis results?!

View Single Post

Old May 8th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #963
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

Played in a mixed doubles round robin this weekend. The RR matches were a 6-game proset.

We won our first match 6-4. It was a pretty decent match, my partner and I were still trying to find our groove. Prosets aren't our bag, as we are notoriously slow/funky starters. We were up 4-2, before getting back to 4-4. The guy on the other team, whom had held serve at love the first two games, had nerves in the 9th game. He double faulted twice, but it still went to the deciding deuce point. He served to my backhand and I played a perfect bh down the line to pass the girl, and get up to 5-4. I held serve easily for a 3rd time to close it out 6-4.

The second match was a horror show. We were playing a team with no power. Well actually the guy had okay power, but the woman was a pusher to the extreme of extremes. They had lost their opening match 6-0, so we were going in thinking they'd be a breeze. When we broke and I held serve for 2-0, it was going well.

Then the wheels came off. My partner double faulted 4 times in the next game to lose serve, and then a cavalcade of errors followed and we suddenly found ourselves down 2-5. At this point we were resolved to figure something out. MY partner held serve for 3-5, and the guy threw in some DFs to get us to 4-5. My serve found itself, and I held easily to bring it to a tiebreaker. Carefully, we played and won the 9-point tiebreaker 5-2. Which was more of a relief than anything else. This couple would go on to lose to the couple we beat in the 1st match 6-2.

In our last RR match we played the team that had beat the previous two teams 6-2 and 6-0 respectively. It was a pretty good match, with both of us missing some easy put aways. No one consolidated a break in the set, and we ended up losing 5-6 (3).

I was so frustrated after losing that we didn't stay for the margaritas and wine after for the players party. I had to get out of there.
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote