TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:53 PM   #817
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Tereza MRDEZA (CRO) 2-6 6-3 6-2 Anett KONTAVEIT (EST)

Rather disappointing. Yeah, she is not ready to constantly beat top 250 players, but I expected a better run still. However, the likes of Putintseva and Khromacheva also did not make it far.
At least Jürgen and Kaia won today

I wonder what will her schedule be in the next two months - probably only juniors (as she pulled out of the 25k-s mid-May): GA, RG, maybe G1 Roehampton and then Wimbledon?
I still think she should play the 25K Kristinehamm the same week as wimbly qualies (the week before roehampton) as it will be weaker because many are playing qualifying and those from MD woudlnt go from clay to grass in a matter of days. I think it would be a good place close to home. Then she can have a week at wimbledon practicing on the courts and be ready for juniors
She needs to start making more Qfs as soon some of her points will come off.
I think that she can only beat the really highly ranked players (like schoofs, paszek, mladenovic) at bigger events because she is seen as the underdog. At 25s, everyone counts her in as a potential winner. Hopefully she can do better at these lower events.

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote