TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alexandra Cadantu

View Single Post

Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:24 PM   #323
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Cadantu (ROM)

It's only enough for a set at the moment, I blame the lack of experience here. We shouldn't forget that the biggest difference between ITF and WTA lies for sure not only in the differences of talent, but mostly in the level of fitness, training and endurance. It's not that easy to adapt to the demands of the WTA tour with the much more professional opponents when you were used to the ITF for so long.

Most girls have completely different training capacities and possibilities, while Alexandra's environment is completely basic and local, probably the most basic among Top 100 and it became obvious today that it's very hard for her to keep up her performance. That first set was probably the best I've seen from her, the tiebreak especially was brilliant, but once she got a bit negative after wasting chances and decreasing her 1st serve percentage she was toast. In the end she hid herself behind the towel, she was clearly frustrated about her game, but there wasn't more she can give.

Still, I'm positive about the upcoing ITF in Cagnes-sur-Mer and no doubt she can win a match at RG as well with a decent R1 draw.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote