TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Margaret Court Picture Thread

View Single Post

Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:00 AM   #11
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Margaret Court Picture Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Not to mention blonde! Great pic Alfa

She'll never win any grace awards-but what an athlete. I put down a lot of her stiffnes to having to play with her non dominant hand. A natural lefty, she was made to switch.

Just imagine if she had stayed lefthanded.
Oh, I know. She looks like a goose headed for an aircraft turbine. This may sound silly, but I'm serious here- I think she really suffered from being such a prude and wearing longer skirts and later on in her career those hideous oversized collars which she hid behind. Graf suffered from the same insecurities with her shoulders and hands. She thought it made her look less feminine. Oh, and regarding Madge's hair, my sister is a licensed cosmetologist, and I showed her several of Margaret's videos. She insisted they were highlights, and stupid me, I argued that it was all the sun.