TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mona Barthel

Thread: Mona Barthel
View Single Post

Old Apr 29th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #3065
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemac View Post
Exactly. It's rather unfortunate that her 5 matches against Top 10 players this season included 4 matches against Azarenka. Of course she won the other one. I want to see her play other Top 10 girls now, especially 4-10, I think she will have a good chance against all of them.

I think it's a smart decision to play Estoril next. She made 120 points this week beating Ivanovic and Bartoli and (again) almost beating Azarenka. In contrast the 4 semifinalists of Fes made more points than her this week, mostly against opponents that would have struggled getting through qualifying in Stuttgart.
Yeah, totally agree with you mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
For the non German posters -
There were some rumors in the last few weeks that Mona has some problems with her foot.
Boomerang kid@ said she twisted her ankle at Miami and it`s therefore. I also think that she has these problems since a little longer. But there are missing more detailed information about her injury. ( I can`t find them, maybe somebody else knows more about it ?)
In an article at yahoo eurosport news 2 days ago they were already talking about Mona taking a break. So her withdraw from Estoril is not too surprising.
Thanks mate. Hopefully nothing serious.