TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Apr 27th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #4033
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
I remember that interview(or maybe it was different one) she said she never went to a new years party, and then in another interview later she said that her favorite part about Russia is the new years party.
This will be terribly off topic now, but you made me browse it in this late hour...
http://goeasteurope.about.com/od/rus...annewyeark.htm
Quote:
Celebrating Russian New Year
If you're in Moscow, you can head to Red Square to experience the most popular public New Year celebrations, but you can just as easily avoid the crush of people drinking Russian vodka and champagne and watch the fireworks display from another vantage point in the city. Remember, Russian winter is bitterly cold, and getting in an out of Red Square to watch the fireworks display can take hours. Private parties will feature traditional Russian food, and the hostess may set up a zakuska table for her guests, so if you don't have any Russian friends, make some!
This part made me laugh...

Maybe she was refferin' to this: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...-super-holiday
Quote:
If you think that after a celebration of this magnitude it would be hard to return to work, you're right. Some Russians continue the party by observing Orthodox Christmas, which falls on January 7 in the Julian calendar used by the Russian Orthodox Church, then Old New Year on January 14. After that, alas, even the Russians have run out of holidays. It's time to sober up and trudge back to the routine.

Ok, to get serious. I think she just spoke in general... She might know something from relatives / friends... Or even her own experience? I think with the I haven't had a party, I think she reffers to the time when she plays in January... And that is like through all her career?