TennisForum.com - View Single Post - How to Play Tennis in NYC

View Single Post

Old Apr 25th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #27
CoryAnnAvants#1

CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to Play Tennis in NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAK View Post
Thanks for all the info!

200 doesn't seem that bad to me as long as you get it right at the beginning of the season. I guess I'll use McCarren and see how it goes!
I used to live in Greenpoint--as long as you're not going at peak hours (weekends or after 5:00pm during the week), you should be able to walk on to a court at McCarren Park anytime you want. The courts are pretty nice and certainly better than any other park in Brooklyn. They were resurfaced two years ago and are identical to the kind used at the US Open.

Unfortunately, playing tennis in NYC is a pain in the ass no matter how you slice it. I'm moving back there next week after having spent the last year in Portland, OR, and got completely spoiled by how cheap it is to play tennis. Indoor courts are $10-14 per person/hour, depending on when you went. And more often than not, nobody would take the court at the end of your session and you could just stay on.
CoryAnnAvants#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote