TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - World Group II...again...

View Single Post

Old Apr 24th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #2732
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - Back into World Group! Going for that 2013 title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njay16 View Post
LOL. I'll do better, I promise.

You make a really good point aboput making the tie outdoors. It baffles me why the USTA NEVER does grass courts. If I had one WS on the team, grass would be the surface. End of story. No questions asked. I just really think Russia would be the best choice IMO. Italy is very wishy washy these days, but Fran/Flavia are always subject to GOAT mode in FC, regardless of how their season is going.

I would rather have Russia, Czech Republic, Serbia, Italy in that order.
They never have for the women. They have for the men. You can check the first page, all of team USA's results are there. It is stupid. 2007 SF should have been on grass. Russia had good players then, hardcourts would not be an advantage. You have a team of Wimbledon champions after Wimbledon, utilize the grass advantage. And it was fucking July there was grass available. Instead hardcourts against Russia, where there is no upper hand, it is even playing field. USTA thinks about the venues rather than the surfaces. Granted I think venues send into them that they would like to host the tie. They need to think about getting upper hand, that is the key thing about home court advantage. And also, the 2010 final. Putting that on grass would have been tons better. Granted it is November, but 2006 Davis Cup had a grass tie in California and they get good weather in November...I think at least.

Newport and Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage are available grass venues that I know of. Use them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. VK View Post
Great picture. They did so well this year.
Yes, they did. 10-0 is perfection. 15-0 next year would be better and for a two-year total of 25-0. Thank you.

Now don't be a stranger, come around these parts again now ya hear.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote