TennisForum.com - View Single Post - How to Play Tennis in NYC

View Single Post

Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:54 PM   #19
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to Play Tennis in NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~{X}~tianuccio View Post
I live in Astoria and I play in Astoria Park where there are 14 courts, but you need the Tennis Permit from the parks department to play there which costs $200 dollars for a season between April-November.
Oh yeah. The city/parks dept. resurfaced those courts several years ago, right?

Good for you, if true.

When you think about it, $200 is really not a lot of money for most people, though it may be for some. As long as you get a court/get to play, it seems like a good investment. But I know, not everybody does.

If the thread starter in Greenpoint drives, he or she can just go up the BQE for 10-15 min to Astoria. I'm sure there's a bus (or even the N or R subway, with or with out the bus) that goes there as well? Of course, that way will take longer. But they should check it out/look into it.

I thought McCarren Park in Williamsburg/Greenpoint, was getting tennis courts in the future, along with their recently refurbished pool?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote