TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - World Group II...again...

View Single Post

Old Apr 20th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #2680
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - Christina opens for USA against Tsurenko - 4:30am sta

Christina blog - April 20

Matches start tomorrow and I play first against Ukraine’s No. 1 player, Lesia Tsurenko and then Serena plays second against Elina Svitolina. I didn’t mind if I played the first or second match because either way I pretty much prepare the same way the night before. The matches start pretty early compared to other Fed Cups so I will have to get to bed earlier tonight and then I am warming up tomorrow morning from 9:30 – 10 a.m., the on-court ceremony begins at 11:15 and my match starts at 11:30.

Since I haven’t played either Tsurenko or Svitolina before, we did a little bit of scouting this week but pretty much I am going to try and focus on a few key things in my game tomorrow and Sunday and then adjust accordingly. It is really nice having Mary Joe on court with me so if she notices anything I need to change she can help me.

Because of the official dinner last night we couldn’t play a team game of Taboo but we had been playing the previous nights and after dinner tonight we might play again. Serena is really good at it and so is Liezel. Pretty much everyone has gotten better since the last Fed Cup in Massachusetts. The Taboo games can get pretty intense but for the first two nights we did just practice runs so we have not actually started our official team competition yet. We were all a little rusty so we needed to practice first!

The dinner last night though was fun. The entire team wore shirts from Theory and I wore some of my favorite Tory Burch Reva flats with my outfit. They are so comfortable. I have so many pairs, every time I go to the mall I can’t resist, I have to get another pair. I brought two different pairs with me here but I always bring them with me to tournaments because they are so comfortable and they go with everything. I have a few other Tory Burch shoes in different styles but they are definitely one of my favorite kinds of shoes.

But anyway, looking forward to playing tomorrow! Go USA!
Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote