TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ukraine vs USA Fed Cup World Group Playoffs 2012

View Single Post

Old Apr 15th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #29
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ukraine vs USA Fed Cup World Group Playoffs 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Why do Serena and Vee have to play??? Dont you have to play just 1 tie???
The team from Ukraine should be Tsurenko, Bondarenko, Svitolina and Zanevska (she has won 42 of her last 45 matches and has won the last 23 matches in a row)
You have to play two ties from 2009 to 2012, and at least one of them has to be in 2011 or 2012

But what about Paszek for example? She played 3 ties but all in the same week since it was zonal and it was the only time she played in the last 4 years so I'm not sure if it counts

Anyways I'm surprised that the Kichenoks were chosen, since they haven't done much lately. Ukrainian tennis is a mess ATM. They could have so many players in the top 100. Alona has injury problems. Vakulenko and Perebiynis disappeared. Beygelzimmer is on the right track back to the top 100 but wasn't chosen for this tie. Savchuk and Koryttseva aren't that good anymore. Fedak And Antoniyuchuk disappeared. Luzhanska switched countries. The other good youngsters have failed to deliver . And where's Kutuzova? She was doing well towards the end of last year. I always thought she had top 50 potential

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote