TennisForum.com - View Single Post - SEWTA 2013 Calendar-MM Prize Money $235K, Copahagen Still IN, No Katowice

View Single Post

Old Apr 11th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #30
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NEW SEWTA 2013 Calendar - Memphis Cancel, 4 New MM Including Cairo, Rio De Janeir

Minor tweaks/improvements to the calendar as usual. All these small tweaks of recent years keep steadily making the WTA calendar a bit more rational.

Shifting Fed Cup week 1/Paris GDF isn't an improvement though. My guess is that the WTA is trying to choke Paris GDF to death by depriving its draw of quality players and/or force the organizers to upgrade the event and buy a better place on the calendar. If the WTA is making a move against tournaments that stand alone in the calendar and lead to nothing, then they should do the same to Charleston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
Interesting that they are trying to have a grass event in Egypt. I don't know how that's going to work. It seems the calender gets weirder and weirder every year.
Maybe there are some grasscourts left at a club used by the British Army back in the day. I know they have them in Pakistan, for instance.

Anyway, I suppose this will be an all-new venue at some brand new resort trying to promote itself internationally, and they can afford to set up whatever playing surface they wish. Biggest problem will be the heat, as we've discussed before.

Eu Jogo TÚnis

Prokofiev + Son Goku = pwnage
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote